Terms & Conditions
Our Trading Terms and Conditions
1. The Bead Shop (Nottingham) Ltd, incorporating www.mailorder-beads.co.uk.
Registered Office, 7 Market Street, Nottingham, NG1 6HY.
Tel. +44 (0)115 9588899. Fax +44 (0)115 9588903.
UK Registered Company 05145653. VAT No.772075818.
2. All prices on the website include VAT at the current rate of 20%, as of the 1st January 2010. Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
3. We can only process orders over £5.00 (pounds sterling) because of bank charges - sorry! Any order not meeting this requirement will not be completed until we have contacted you. Please ensure you input your correct details.
4. Special offers and discounts do not apply to some products such as (but not limited to) sale items, kilns and workshops.
5. We will endeavour to dispatch your goods on the same day that we receive your order, if placed before 1pm Monday to Friday, and 9am on a Saturday. If there is going to be a delay we will contact you by either phone or email.
i) Next Working Day delivery can only be completed and sent if we receive your order before 1pm. Please realise that even if you send the order before 1pm we will not necessarily get it before 1pm, and we cannot accept any responsibility for mail servers and their operation!
ii) Orders taken/received between Friday after 1pm and Monday at 1pm with the Next Day Delivery option should be delivered the following Tuesday.
Please allow up to 28 days for delivery, except when you select Next Working Day. This is to cover any loses made by the Royal Mail. We can only despatch missing orders after 15 working days, when we are able to make a claim against the Royal Mail.
If your order does appear to be missing in the post then we can despatch your order sooner than 15 working days, but you have to be charged for that order again.
If we charge you for resending the order and after the 15 working days your first order has not been delivered then we will refund your first order and claim against the Royal Mail.
If you first order is delivered after 15 working days and a second order has been sent then you may return the original order for a refund.
6. If you require your order urgently then we suggest that you choose the Next Day Delivery option on the postage page (subject to Royal Mail's terms and conditons). Unfortunately we are unable to resend orders unless they have been paid for a second time.
7. Refunds will be given to customers who contact us, in writing, by post or fax, within 8 days of receiving their goods.The postal rule applies. Refunds will be given as long as;
i) We receive the returned goods at the address given above.
ii) The goods have not been used or opened. They must be in a resaleable condition. Weights will be checked in appropriate cases. Goods are double checked before despatch and therefore double checked on return.
Please also note that;
i) Refunds can only be credited to the card originally debited.
ii) Refunds will be issued on the day of receiving and checking of returned goods.
iii) That you are responsible for both the postage and the goods when returning items to us. We can not be held responsible for any damages or losses made by the Royal Mail and therefore cannot refund any items we do not recieve. In the case of losses made by the Royal Mail when returning items to us it will be up to the customer to make a claim against the Royal Mail.
8. We can exchange goods for the same amount or as part payment for further goods. However, if you have made a mistake and still want to return goods, we are happy to help but please be aware that all parts of condition 6 still apply.
9. Pictures on this website, except those obtained with the authors permission, belong solely to The Bead Shop (Nottingham) Limited. If The Bead Shop pictures are found on any part of the World Wide Web, without permission, then steps will be taken to have them removed and costs recovered in any legal action taken.
9.1) If you want to use any of our pictures, please seek approval first. Approval will only be given in writing, never verbally. Permission can only be given solely by the owners of The Bead Shop (Nottingham) Limited and never by any of the staff.
9.2) Pictures showing our products may differ in colour and clarity depending on your monitor set-up. Whilst every effort is taken to reproduce the product pictures as close to the actual product, we cannot except reponsibility for any variance you may find between the image on your screen and the product you receive.
9.3) On request we may supply our product pictures in jpeg format on CD with the condition that we are credited on your pubication/website/email marketing campaign in which our images are used.
10.1) You will secure a place on a workshop once payment has been taken and cleared. We cannot reserve places in any circumstance as this will led to an unfair advantage towards all other customers.
10.2) Once a place on a workshop has been booked we cannot transfer your place to another workshop or refund you if you are unable to attend. We are happy for you to give a family member or friend to take your place.
10.3) If you cannot attend a booked workshop we may be able to re-sell your place as each workshop has a reserve list for those who wish to join a fully booked workshop. If you can give us as much notice as possible then we may be able to re-sell your place but this cannot guarranteed. If we can re-sell your space then we will be only be able to transfer you to another workshop.
10.4) Refunds will only be given if we have to cancel a workshop due to circumstance out of our control such as a tutor being unable to attend. Exchanges are possible, you will be given the option.