Terms & Conditions
Our Trading Terms and Conditions. Last updated 22/06/2016
1. The Bead Shop (Nottingham) Ltd, incorporating www.mailorder-beads.co.uk.
Registered Office, 7 Market Street, Nottingham, NG1 6HY.
Tel. +44 (0)115 9588899. Fax +44 (0)115 9588903.
UK Registered Company 05145653. VAT No.772075818.
2. All prices on the website include VAT at the current rate of 20%, as of the 1st January 2010. Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
3. We are happy to order any non stock item for you, these are known as special orders. Special orders are non- returnable, non-refundable (unless faulty) and cannot be exchanged.
4. Special offers and discounts do not apply to some products such as (but not limited to) sale items, kilns, books, magazines, workshops and special orders.
5. We will endeavour to dispatch your goods on the same day that we receive your order, when placed before 1pm Monday to Friday, and 9am on a Saturday. If there is going to be a delay we will contact you by either phone or email.
i) Next Working Day delivery can only be completed and sent if we receive your order before 1pm. Please realise that even if you send the order before 1pm we will not necessarily get it before 1pm due to technical delays so feel free to call us to make sure we've recieved it!
ii) Orders taken/received Friday after 1pm and before Monday at 1pm with the Next Day Delivery option should be delivered the following Tuesday.
Please note if your order is lost or delayed in the post we will only be able to resend it free of charge after 10 working days from the due date. 1st class post is expected to be delivered between 1-2 days after posting, 2nd class post 2-3 days after posting.
The Royal Mail quote 20 days for overseas orders, within Europe. 25 days for the rest of the world. This is because the Royal Mail do not class an item as lost until 10 working days have passed.
If we charge you for resending the order and after the 10 working days your first order has not been delivered then we will refund your first original order.
If your first order is delivered after 10 working days and a second (replacement) order has also been delivered then we can supply a freepost address to return the duplicate order to us.
6. If you require your order urgently then we suggest that you choose the Next Day Delivery option on the postage page (subject to Royal Mail's terms and conditons). Unfortunately we are unable to resend orders unless they have been paid for a second time.
7. Refunds will be given to customers who contact us, in writing, by email, post or fax, within 14 days of receiving their goods.The postal rule applies. Refunds will be given as long as;
i) We receive the returned goods at the address given above within 14 of receipt of the goods.
ii) The goods have not been used or opened. They must be in a resaleable condition. Weights will be checked in appropriate cases. Goods are double checked before despatch and therefore double checked on return.
Please also note that;
i) Refunds can only be credited to the card originally debited.
ii) Refunds will be issued on the day of receiving and checking of returned goods.
iii) That you are responsible for both the postage and the goods when returning items to us. We can not be held responsible for any damages or losses made by the Royal Mail and therefore cannot refund any items we do not recieve. In the case of losses made by the Royal Mail when returning items to us it will be up to the customer to make a claim against the Royal Mail.
8. We can exchange goods for the same amount or as part payment for further goods. However, if you have made a mistake and still want to return goods, we are happy to help but please be aware that all parts of condition 6 still apply.
9. Pictures on this website, except those obtained with the authors permission, belong solely to The Bead Shop (Nottingham) Limited. If The Bead Shop pictures are found on any part of the World Wide Web, without permission, then steps will be taken to have them removed and costs recovered in any legal action taken.
9.1) If you want to use any of our pictures, please seek approval first. Approval will only be given in writing, never verbally. Permission can only be given solely by the owners of The Bead Shop (Nottingham) Limited and never by any of the staff.
9.2) Pictures showing our products may differ in colour and clarity depending on your monitor set-up. Whilst every effort is taken to reproduce the product pictures as close to the actual product, we cannot except reponsibility for any variance you may find between the image on your screen and the product you receive.
9.3) On request we may supply our product pictures in jpeg format on CD with the condition that we are credited on your pubication/website/email marketing campaign in which our images are used.
10.1) You will secure a place on a workshop once payment has been taken and cleared. We cannot reserve places in any circumstance as this will led to an unfair advantage towards all other customers.
10.2) Once a place on a workshop has been booked we cannot transfer your place to another workshop or refund you if you are unable to attend. We are happy for you to give a family member or friend to take your place.
10.3) If you cannot attend a booked workshop we may be able to re-sell your place as each workshop has a reserve list for those who wish to join a fully booked workshop. If you can give us as much notice as possible then we may be able to re-sell your place but this cannot guarranteed. If we can re-sell your space then we will be only be able to transfer you to another workshop.
10.4) Refunds will only be given if we have to cancel a workshop due to circumstance out of our control such as a tutor being unable to attend. Exchanges are possible, you will be given the option.
11. Business to Business Transactions.
11.1) All prices are stated inclusive of VAT at the current rate. As we trade to retail, wholesale and business to business the law requires us to state prices this way. Prices exclusive of VAT can be given on request.
11.2) We will need to be notified of any missing, damaged or faulty stock delivered within 14 days of receipt.
11.3) Any returns will be at the cost of the business customer. Please ensure that goods are returned unopened, in original packaging and in a re-saleable condition.
11.4) Any returns will be subject to a 20% re-stocking or handling fee. This will be deducted before any refund is given.